Thursday, September 27, 2007

Missing them


I had a hard time getting up this morning. Seeing that I didn't have any class in the morning, I didn't bother to get up early like I usually do. While lying there on my bed, I realized that I needed to change my sheets. It's been two weeks since I last changed sheets. I brought these sheets home from Los Banos. Maple leaves are the only ornaments to the sheets, and they are orange. Weird. I've stayed in Los Banos for three years and staying in a place that long makes you miss it once you leave it. Leaving it was harder. Not because of the dirty kitchen of the dormitory nor of the two dysfunctional televisions. Not even the sudden ring of the phone at around 1:30 a.m. when I am in a deep slumber. But I do miss the food there. I do miss cooking there. I miss the freedom park there which has always been my inspiration to free myself of the flabs around my waist. I miss Adobo, no, not the adobo. Adobo is the adopted dog of the International House Residence Hall. When our guard can't seem to fight the urge to doze off (he seems to be lethargic, always) Adobo was always there playing guard and he seems to be doing one helluva job, mostof the time outdoing our real guard (Kuya, peace)! I miss the lager! That's one of the nicest things you can find in a dormitory full of graduate students, lager is breath, lager is life! And most of all, I miss them. They have been my family away from home. I miss you guys. I promise to finish my thesis so I will be forced to go there and see you guys and cook for you. Love you all!

No comments: