Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's over, almost

The summer classes are over. This means that I no longer have to wake up very early in the morning. I had a 7:30 this summer. That's a reeelief! I still have to give a final exam on Tuesday though .
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrh!
A brownout just cut my Caspian Prince download! And I can't seem to resume it! Waaah!
Where was I? Oh, the final exam I have to give on Tuesday.
I'll be attending a seminar on Photo Editing and Desktop Publishing the whole next week, all the five working days. Then there's the group of students I am training for the ACM Programming Contest and the Smart Sweep Contest. They are a bunch of brilliant students. Not the geek kind. But a bunch who knows how turn every algorithmic nightmare into one helluva party.
We have to finish two applications (card games) in time for the orientation seminar for the Freshies. We are experiencing a dwindling enrollment in our Computer Science and Management Information System programs. We need to work on this one, hard.
Just when I thought that I was free of the 7:30, it was jaw-dropping when I saw my schedule for the first semester. Monday - Friday, 7:30 am!
You see, I have a problem with this schedule. I teach Computer Science subjects. I handle both the elementary and advanced programming subjects, data structures, and the design and analysis of algorithms. The 7:30s I will have this first semester are both advanced programming. I need an LCD projector for this class. And offices open at 8:00 am. Yes, we do not have our own LCD projectors in our department. So we depend on the Computer Center and our College. Like I said, their offices open at 8:00 and they don't allow us to borrow the projector late in the afternoon the day before. The projectors can't stay in our office overnight. But I will try to work out this one.
When all this work is done, I am so going to the beach and bask under the sun's deadly rays! I will conquer Malamawi!

No comments: