Wednesday, January 1, 2014

And I Love Myself Too

It has been more than 2 years since I last posted an article here. I've been meaning to write everything that comes to mind in this little corner of the cloud. But I've always managed to come up with reasons not to.

This is my first post for this year. Happy new year to all of us. I wish that all of us will have peace of mind this 2014. As for me, I wish more of the love and less of the suffering, if not absent.

I am going to move on this year. It's not going to be easy. I don't know how long it will take but I'll get there. I promise. You see, I have been holding on to a love that has been lost for a long time now. I have been holding on to something you never held on to and to something you'll never. I have let myself believe that you and I can be the envy of the stars. I have allowed myself to believe in a lie, the lie that is you.

So this year, I am going to cut the anchor that has been holding me down. I am cutting loose the anchor that is you.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate you. I have loved every single moment that I have spent with you. I have loved every single memory I have of you. I have loved every single time I have spent thinking of you. I love you.

But And I love myself too. I just have to learn to love myself more.

No comments: