Monday, April 14, 2008

Cold

Last weekend was a lazy one for me. For starters, I was down with a terrible flu! But that did not stop me from cleaning the kitchen. Exhausted, I decided to relax. I asked my mom for chicken soup and settled comfortably on the couch. First up was Juno. It was my fourth. And it still made me cry. I know, it's not a tear jerker. But borrowing Brenda's (Juno's step mom) words, I am not made of stone. I finsihed the bowl of chicken soup and was ready for the next one in the list, Click. And I don't have to say it still made me cry even if it was my 6th. I stopped liking Jennifer Aniston after she and Brad called it quits. But my sister wanted to see the Break Up. She, Jennifer, dated Vince Vaughn right? And eventually broke up with him. Oh Jennifer! Don't worry, she did not make me cry. But Garry did! I wish someone make me dinner and say that he loves me, dearly. And into a deep slumber I fell. I didn't want to make my bed when I woke up. Didn't feel like waking up. I felt like the whole world was on my shoulders. But I could not close my eyes either. So I helped my self with toast and some reheated chicken soup. Then another DVD caught my ever watchful eyes. There was Another Gay Movie, Dead or Alive, Fly Boys, Accepted and Krrish (thanks to my friendly pirate neighbor). I gave Accepted a try and I liked it. I remember the day when I got accpetance letters from the schools I applied in. And that was like a gazillion years ago! I can't imagine how my life would have turned out if not one college accepted me. I guess I was one lucky bitch. :) I was hesitant to watch Krrish. I haven't heard of it. My hunch turned out to be right. It's an Indian movie. I've read that Indian movies always have song and dance numbers between scenes. So I picture early 90's Filipino movies. At first it was funny. You see, Krishna had a rock hard chiseled body, think Matthew McConaughey, er, Sylvester Stallone. Then I got the hang of it. And for one moment there, kinilig ako! The movie starred Hrithik Roshan (I googled him and he has made over 20 movies) and he's got wonderful eyes! Just imagine (lol). Then it rained. It rained and it's summer! I suddenly realized, I was with flu, it's raining, summer classes are to start tomorrow and I have a 7:30! Just imagine (lol), a 7:30 for summer! It sucks to be me, bigs time!
I slept early last night, right after PBB. I woke up at around 5:30, still feeling heavy. It was cold. And you, you were just staring at me blankly. I said hello and not one smile from you. It made me feel colder. You, with your almost blue sclera, almost yellow skin. Your jaw almost square. Traces of pimple scars on both your cheeks. And your hair, your unkempt hair. I wanted you to smile, I needed you to smile back. One little grin.
Nada. Just that cold stare, blank and cold.
*Sniff*

1 comment:

Mau said...

yeah, indian movies! also my exact comment on the singing and dancing. hehehe. i have watched an indian movie just recently, Kuch Kuch Hota Hae (Something Happening).