Friday, December 7, 2007

Of Cement Benches, Lamp Posts, Waves and Balot

Zamboanga City's boulevard, I must admit, is not the best in the world. It's not even the best in the Philippines. But it's the only one we've got around here. And it has a million stories to tell. If only those white paint colored cement benches could talk, it could tell of men who promised the moon, the full moon, and the stars littered in the dark, dark sky to win the hearts of women. If only those lamp posts could speak, it could tell of those who found light and reason to go on and move on. If only those rough rocks mossed by the rushing waves from Basilan Strait could talk, it could tell of the countless souls who have searched for answers. If only the sea itself could talk, it could tell of those who have breathed its salty breeze to find peace, to find meaning.

Last Saturday night...

Yes, dot dot dot! I was looking at my posts here and saw this draft. I can't remember which Saturday night I was to refer to.

Besides, there have been too many Saturday nights I want to forget! Too many I want to bury. Too many I want those waves to crush on those mossed and sharp rocks .

From now on, no more blue musings. Oh, I just crossed my fingers. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

before it became the boulevard of "broken dreams" it started as the boulevard of "building dreams". tapos hanggang dun lang. building then pagbalik broken na. ToInKzzzZ!

gNis said...

hi kurary! mishu na jud. hehhe... any updates?

gorgeousBriV. said...

HAHAHA LUV HANGIN AROUND NA BOULEVARD SINCE MY pILAR COLLEGE DAYS... LUV THE BALOT N CHICHARON... DURIAN.. N BBQ ALI HMMMPPPP HOW I WISH IM
HOME...

NXT TYM RYE U WRITE BOUT OUR DEC 07 HOMECOMIN:)