Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Marathon

The Ateneo Fiesta 2007, dubbed AtFest07, kicked off last Friday, November 30, 2007. The opening event was the traditional 5-kilometer run. This was from the waterpool in Pasonanca to the La Purisima Campus of Ateneo. Over forty joined the event. I was one of those who arrived at a little past five am. It was to start at 5 a.m.

But I was lucky because the run started late! I failed to prepare for the event. I wasn't there to win anyway. I was there to prove to myself that I can do it. That I have the balls to run the 5 kilometers in short shorts and a pair of pink socks! :) I don't have to say that I didn't win. I did not even figure in the top ten! It took me 34 minutes to finish the race sans water, sans rest! I ra
n, actually more like jogged! I enjoyed it. I really did. Father Tony, the Father President, also joined the marathon. Even grade schoolers were there. And those kids were amazing! You should have seen them running like mice! They were fast! I'm not sure if two of them outran me, but someone from their group did, that I am sure of!

When I reached the finish line, I was looking for Lito who was covering the event on a bike. He was carrying my pink bag. Yes, apart from my socks which were pink, my bag was also pink. :)

He was nowhere to be found. Apparently, he had a flat tire. So, I was roaming around the campus in those short shorts. I didn't care anyway. I was just worried about the wet shirt I was wearing. It wasn't pink! Though I brough
t one. I was to wear the shirt of the team I was representing, the Faculty and Staff. It's gray. Oh well, at least I had my bag and socks. :)

Finally, after waiting for a little over thirty minutes, Lito arrived with my bag. I changed clothes, got into a pair of pants and a pink superman shirt, all too ready for the parade.

It was, well, a memory I'd want to come back to someday. When everyone and everything seem to run after me, I will just have to go back to the Marathon and relive it. I faced it, I ran for it and I finished it!

I placed eleventh. :)
Go to ateneofiesta.com to check out AtFest07.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG, how could i miss seeing you run for the first time.

bakit walang pic rye?

Ciriaco said...

I have a pic in ateneofiesta.com photo gallery...dun sa sports tapos 5 km run! :)
bawal mag comment ng di maganda sa pic ko dun! ahihihiihi :)

Jessica said...

Bawal magsabi ng di maganda. Nakasaad ba sa Konstitusyon ng Pilipinas 'yan?

hhehehe!

in fairness napapaligiran ka ng kalalkihan! inggit daw ako!!!

Jorty said...

Haha! Natawa ako sa "Lito". It was nice seeing you participating Sir Rye. hehehe!

add kita sa blogroll ko ah! ehehe

- Dheng

http://luckwatchero.wordpress.com

gorgeousBriV. said...

heheeh deberas gale kel yan kwento si flisha that u run wit ol those pinkish stuffs...
Pa Gurly-gurl power gat kita ali...gow ryan! 'wish i was there to witness u hahaah:)

Mau said...

hala natuwa naman ako don..di ko nga maisip kung makakaya kong lampasan ang 34 mins mo. outran by a gradeschooler yet placed eleventh over more than forty is something no! ^__^

amazed ako. wow.