Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happiness

It was Monday. A holiday. And I didn't like what I was feeling. I cried. But I had to stop those tears from falling. I don't want to cry anymore. Why would I, I asked myself. I was looking for a book to read so I can take my mind off that feeling. And since most of the books I have at home tell stories of broken hearts and broken dreams, I digressed.

Instead, I started browsing the saved messages in my phone and found this: "The worthwhile and important things in life - wisdom and happiness in particular - are simply not the sorts of things one can chase after and grab. They are instead the sorts of things that come to us where we are, if we let them - if we stop trying too hard and just let things happen as they need to (saved August 15, 2010)." The last words struck me the most. Maybe I am just trying too hard. Maybe I should just let things happen as they need to. But then again, maybe it's never going to happen. I became more distraught after having read that passage. Because frankly, I do not know what to do anymore.

I have always told friends that happiness is a choice. I have always believed in this. But recently, those words have lost all their meaning to me. Is it too much to ask that I be happy too? I don't want to be lost, again.

A friend of mine sent me an e-mail last week and I only got to read it yesterday. What a perfect timing. I am sharing it with you guys. Here it is.

Effective Immediately, please be aware that there are changes YOU need to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be completed in order that I may fulfill My promises to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in this life. I apologize for any inconvenience, but after all that I am doing, this seems very little to ask of you. Please, follow these 10 guidelines:

1. QUIT WORRYING:

Life has dealt you a blow and all
you do is sit and worry.
Have you forgotten that I am here to
take all your burdens
and carry them for you? Or do you
just enjoy fretting over
every little thing that comes your
way?

2. PUT IT ON THE LIST:

Something needs done or taken care of.
Put it on the list.
No, not YOUR list. Put it on MY to-do-
list. Let ME be the one
to take care of the problem. I can't help
you until you turn
it over to Me. And although My to-do-list
is long, I am after
all...God. I can take care of anything you
put into My hands.
In fact, if the truth were ever really
known, I take care of a
lot of things for you that you never even
realize.

3. TRUST ME:

Once you've given your
burdens to Me, quit trying
to take
them back. Trust in Me.
Have the faith that I will
take care
of all your needs, your
problems and your trials.
Problems
with the kids? Put them on
My list. Problem with
finances?
Put it on My list. Problems
with your emotional roller
coaster?
For My sake, put it on My
list. I want to help you.
All you have to do is ask.

4. LEAVE IT ALONE:

Don't wake up one morning and say, "Well, I'm feeling much
stronger now, I think I can handle it from here." Why do you
think you are feeling stronger now? It's simple. You gave Me
your burdens and I'm taking care of them. I also renew your
strength and cover you in my peace. Don't you know that if I
give you these problems back, you will be right back where
you started? Leave them with Me and forget about them.
Just let Me do my job.

5. TALK TO ME:

I want you to forget a lot of things.
Forget what was making
you crazy. Forget the worry and the
fretting because you
know I'm in control. But there's one
thing I pray you never
forget. Please, don't forget to talk to Me
- OFTEN! I love YOU!
I want to hear your voice. I want you to
include Me in on the
things going on in your life. I want t
hear you talk about your
friends and family. Prayer is simply you
having a conversation
with Me. I want to be your dearest
friend.

6. HAVE FAITH:

I see a lot of things from up here that you can't
see from
where you are. Have faith in Me that I know
what I'm doing.
Trust Me, you wouldn't want the view from My
eyes. I will
continue to care for you, watch over you, and
meet your needs.
You only have to trust Me. Although I have a
much bigger task
than you, it seems as if you have so much
trouble just doing your simple part. How hard
can trust be?

7. SHARE:

You were taught to share when you were only two years old.
When did you forget? That rule still applies. Share with those
who are less fortunate than you. Share your joy with those who
haven't heard any in such a long time. Share your tears with
those who have forgotten how to cry. Share your faith with
those who have none.

8. BE PATIENT:

I managed to fix it so in just one lifetime you could have so many
diverse experiences. You grow from a child to an adult, have
children, change jobs many times, learn many trades, travel to
so many places, meet thousands of people, and experience so much.
How can you be so impatient then when it takes Me a little longer
than you expect to handle something on My to-do-list? Trust in
My timing, for My timing is perfect. Just because I created the
entire universe in only six days, everyone thinks I should always
rush, rush, rush.

9. BE KIND:

Be kind to others, for I love them
just as much as I love you.
They may not dress like you, or
talk like you, or live the same
way you do, but I still love you
all. Please try to get along,
for My sake. I created each of
you different in some way. It
would be too boring if you were
all identical.

10. LOVE YOURSELF:

As much as I love you, how can you not love yourself?
You were created by me for one reason only
-- to be loved, and to love in return. I am a God of Love.
Love Me.

Love your neighbors. But also love yourself. It makes My heart
ache when I see you so angry with yourself when things go wrong.
You are very precious to me. Don't ever forget......

No comments: