Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Underneath It All

Something I wrote three years ago...

I feel safe around him. I feel appreciated. And, I want to play with the idea that I am loved every time I am with him.


But I really don’t know if he does love me. I just have this crazy feeling, crazy thought, crazy dream that like me, he too has been found by love.


Like a bird who has broken its wings, like a nightingale who has lost its voice, like a cloud pouring hard its all, like them, I have broken my wings, I have lost my voice, I have cried my all.


It is funny how you suddenly realize that you have missed so much of the world because you have made him your all, your world and still would want to miss more of the world just to spend one more day with him, even for just one more.


And I thank him for that. Because I could not imagine moments passing by, life coursing through, without him, without having known him, without having to know that there is one person in this world, this strange world, who could make me believe when there is nothing more to believe in.


If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t have realized that even the daisy is also pretty, I wouldn’t have realized that the sun is just as romantic as the moon, that dreams come true and that love is love. I wouldn’t have realized that even I can be loved. I know it’s such a strong word, love, but it is what it is, love is love.


Albeit this same love has made me realize that I can’t have everything, most especially him, it is this same love that has taught me to believe in everything and in forever.


And if this love has finally left him but still lingers on in me, I will love, I will believe. And I will always remember that the daisy is also pretty, that the sun is just as romantic as the moon, that dreams come true and that love is love.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

"It is funny how you suddenly realize that you have missed so much of the world because you have made him your all, your world and still would want to miss more of the world just to spend one more day with him, even for just one more."

kamartiran na ito! heheh (i like this part, weh)

Ciriaco said...

oa sa pagka martyr!!!!!! ahihihihi...

donnalyn said...

ey, i miss u! and i love that article ;) para sa mga martyr! hahaha.. am starting my own blog..visit nya whenever..http://squigglesss.blogspot.com/

Mau said...

martyr na kung martyr! that is love. selfless and makabuang! hehehehe.